Home : Soldier & Family Services : ID Cards & DEERS


ID Card Office Online

All Fort Indiantown Gap DEERS appointments are scheduled through ID Card Office Online at: https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/ by selecting ID Card Office Locator and conducting an Alternate Search with our zip code 17003.

Scheduled Appointments (Hours and Contact Information):

Scheduled appointments hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Appointments start at 8:10 a.m., with the last scheduled appointment start time at 1:40 p.m. The office is closed for lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m. If you have a DEERS question, please email: ng.pa.paarng.list.jfhq-g1-deers-tricare@army.mil. For additional DEERS appointment information scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the CLICK HERE link for access to the 2024 DEERS Document which contains additional information. 

Walk-In/Unscheduled Appointments:

Refer to WALK-IN HOURS for those typical times available at ID Card Office Online by searching with our zip code 17003. Be aware that we are not always able to accommodate walk-ins during non-walk-in hours (APPOINTMENTS ARE PREFERRED), so please feel free to schedule your appointments online. Additionally, be aware that that the standard walk-in hhours can change, so we recommend calling to ensure availability.

Scheduling for Multiple IDs/Transactions

To ensure the appropriate amount of time is booked to complete multiple ID Cards or transactions, please book back-to-back appointments. Please schedule one (1) appointment for every two (2) IDs under the same record.  

Appointment Late Policy

Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment or it may be canceled or replaced.

​Services Provided:

  • Issue CAC Cards for all eligible service members for all the U.S branches of military, DoD employees, contractors, and eligible military affiliates.
  • DEERS/RAPIDS support for visiting units at FTIG
  • Unlock/Reset CAC pins
  • Verify CAC certifications and authentication
  • 100% DAV ID cards
  • Retired ID cards
  • DEERS update due to turning age 60 or 65 for retirement IDs
  • Full-time students turning 21 (must provide college memo)
  • Eligible Dependent/Beneficiary ID cards
  • Adding or Removing Beneficiaries in DEERS 
  • DOD civilian ID cards
  • DEERS update to Sponsor’s and Beneficiaries Profile 
  • DD Form 1172 Verification and Creation
  • Retrieval and Confiscation of all required CAC’s and USID’s
  • DEERS/RAPIDS Tickets assistance for PAARNG Soldiers
  • U.S. Armed Forces DEERS Project Office Contact Information
  • DEERS Counseling forms for the Soldiers and their Supervisors
  • DEERS/RAPIDS 20/20/20 support and assistance
  • U.S Military ID/Dog Tags

ID CARD Issuing Guidance:

  • With the newest update to the RAPIDS software, we are now required to have two forms of ID for all personnel over the age of 18 wishing to get an ID card.
  • In order to receive a USID Card, you must be or have a sponsor.
  • All potential Military, DOD, and Contractor cardholders must have their Authorized GOV Organization accessioning or appointment system transactions completed before showing as registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
  • All potential cardholders must register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).  If you are a dependent (beneficiary), an active duty or retired Service member must take action to register you in DEERS with the required eligibility documents.
  • All currently serving military members wishing to get a military ID must adhere to their specific military branch’s grooming standards. If you have a profile that exempts you from the regulation, you must bring it with you.
  • All CAC holders that have lost their CAC or had it stolen or destroyed are required to have a counseling form (DA Form 4856) or Memorandum stating the circumstances, name, reason for not having CAC, and date.
  • All Common Access Card (CAC’s) and Uniformed Services ID (USID) Holders must provide TWO (2) forms of valid identify verification. Either Two Primary, or one Primary and one Secondary form of ID. One form of ID must contain a phot of you. At least 
  • One form of a Primary ID must be a valid State or Federal government-issues picture identification; for example, a Passport Book or Passport Card that has not expired, State Driver’s License that has not expired, or current Military or DoD ID card that has 
  • not expired. Some examples of common Secondary forms of identification required are, additional documents listed under primary, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card,  and Voters Registration card. For a full list of identification options to bring with, please visit the following websites at: https://www.cac.mil/

​FOR UP-TO-DATE information at the Fort Indiantown Gap DEERS ID Office Center, CLICK HERE


    DEERS / RAPIDS ID Office
    Bldg. 14-99, Fort Indiantown Gap
    Annville, PA 17003-5002
    DSN: 491-8693
    Phone: (717) 861-8693
    Fax: (717) 861-6731