Home : Soldier & Family Services : ID Cards & DEERS


Scheduled Appointments (Hours and Contact Information):

Scheduled appointments hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:20 a.m. to 1:40 p.m. Closed for lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m. Last scheduled appointments are at 1:40. If you have a DEERS question, please email ng.pa.paarng.list.jfhq-g1-deers-tricare@army.mil. If you are unable to make an appointment online, please call our office at 717-861-8693.

DEERS appointments at Fort Indiantown Gap can be scheduled in one of two ways:

1. Visit RAPIDS Site Locator (ID Card Office Online, https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/), search for Site ID 151187, filter by zip code 17003 and click the link for "Schedule an Appointment."

2. Call the office at 717-861-8693

Scheduling for Multiple IDs/Transactions

To ensure the appropriate amount of time is booked to complete multiple ID Cards or transactions, please book back-to-back appointments. Please schedule one (1) appointment for every two (2) IDs under the same record.  arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.

Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.

Walk-In/Unscheduled Appointments:

Refer to WALK-IN HOURS for those typical times available at ID CARD Office Online by searching with our zip code 17003. Be aware that we are not always able to accommodate walk-ins during non-walk-in hours (APPOINTMENTS ARE PREFERRED), so please call or book online. Additionally, be aware that that the standard walk-in hours can change. We recommend calling to ensure availability. You may also call our DEERS team at 717-861-8693 for additional walk-in hours, unscheduled, and emergency appointments information if needed.

​Services Provided:

  • Issue CAC Cards for all branches of service, DoD employees, contractors, and military affiliates
  • DEERS/RAPIDS support for visiting units at FTIG
  • Unlock/reset CAC pins
  • Verify CAC certifications and authentication
  • 100% DAV ID cards
  • Retired ID cards
  • Eligible Dependent/Beneficiary ID cards
  • DOD civilian ID cards
  • DEERS updates (i.e. adding and deleting family members)
  • DD Form 1172 Verification and creation
  • Retrieval and Confiscation of all required CAC’s and USID’s
  • DEERS/RAPIDS Tickets assistance for PAARNG Soldiers
  • U.S. Armed Forces DEERS Project Office Contact Information
  • Counseling forms the Soldiers and their Supervisors
  • DEERS/RAPIDS 20/20/20 support and assistance
  • U.S Military ID/Dog Tags

ID CARD Issuing Guidance:

  • With the newest update to the RAPIDS software, we are now required to have 2 forms of ID for all personnel over the age of 18 wishing to get an ID card.
  •  In order to receive a USID Card, you must be or have a sponsor.
  •  All potential Military, DOD, and Contractor cardholders must have their Authorized GOV Organization accessioning or appointment system transactions completed before showing as registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
  •  All potential cardholders must register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).  If you are a dependent, an active duty or retired Service member must take action to register you in DEERS with the required eligibility documents.
  • All currently serving military members wishing to get a military ID must adhere to their specific military branch’s grooming standards. If you have a profile that exempts you from the regulation, you must bring it with you.
  • All CAC holders that have lost their CAC or had it stolen or destroyed are required to have a counseling form (DA Form 4856) or Memorandum stating the circumstances, name, reason for not having CAC, and date.
  • All Common Access Card (CAC’s) and Uniformed Services ID (USID) Holders must provide TWO (2) forms of valid identify verification. Either Two Primary, or one Primary and one Secondary form of ID. One form of ID must contain a phot of you. At least one form of a Primary ID must be a valid State or Federal government-issues picture identification; for example, a Passport Book or Passport Card that has not expired, State Driver’s License that has not expired, or current Military or DoD ID card that has not expired. Some examples of common Secondary forms of identification required are, additional documents listed under primary, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Voter Registration card. For a full list of identification options to bring with, please visit: https://www.cac.mil/.

FOR UP-TO-DATE information at the Fort Indiantown Gap DEERS ID Office Center, CLICK HERE


    DEERS / RAPIDS ID Office
    Bldg. 14-99, Fort Indiantown Gap
    Annville, PA 17003-5002
    DSN: 491-8693
    Phone: (717) 861-8693
    Fax: (717) 861-6731